20 Minute Mac and Cheese
20 Min Mac and Cheese
Write a review
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 350g elbow pasta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 350ml milk, divided
- 180g finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices cut bacon/rashers, cooked and roughly chopped
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the grill in the oven.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with 1 tabelspoon of salt. Cook off pasta for 8 minutes approximately.
- In a saucepan, combine flour and 100ml of milk and bring to a medium heat. Gradually add more milk as it comes to the boil in 50ml segments until all milk is used up. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in 150g of the cheese and stir to combine. Add in remaining 2 teaspoons of salt , onions, hot sauce, pepper and bacon.
- Add cooked pasta to saucepan and toss. Place into individual ramekins or into a large baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese, place under the grill for about 5 minutes to get a color on top.
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/