There is nothing better than tucking into a great big bowl of stew. The nights are getting shorter and colder. It is time to get out those heavy Dutch ovens and start braising.
Write a review
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1-tablespoon sea salt and pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 250ml white wine, chardonnay is good
- 250ml chicken stock
- 50ml tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Pat dry chicken, season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy based pan, brown chicken on all sides (do not over crowd the pan), set aside on a plate.
- Add onion, carrot and celery and cook for a further 5 -7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add in wine and stock together and bring to a simmer.
- Add in tomato paste, capers, thyme and finally back in the chicken.
- Cook for 15 minutes on a simmer.
- Serve with pasta or rice. Enjoy
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/