Write a review
- 300g fettuccine pasta or your favorite pasta
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1-tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 230ml milk
- 100g grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain in a colander and keep 3 tablespoons of the pasta water to the side.
- While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a non stick saucepan over medium high heat until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon from pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to pan with drippings, cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle pan with flour and cook for further 30 seconds. Stirring.
- Add milk 2 tablespoons at a time and cook until its starts to get bubbly.
- Reduce heat and slowly add cheese in tablespoon amounts.
- Stir in salt and reserved pasta liquid.
- Add in hot pasta and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Sprinkle with bacon, parsley and pepper.
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/