Flavoring Oils and Vinegars
If you got a few empty containers lying around or old olive oil bottles, why not try something fresh and new such as flavoring oils !! This can add great flavor to your cooking.
I was at a speaking engagement not so long ago and introduced this to the audience, I was surprised that many did not know this was possible. It also looks cool on your kitchen counter !
- Rinse and dry 2cups of your favorite fresh herbs such as basil, mint, dill, rosemary..whatever tickles your fancy!
- In a jar or a tightly closed container, place 2 cups canola/olive oil/white wine vinegar with the fresh herbs (ensure all herbs are covered in oil), close container and place in a cool non sunlight area for about 10 days.
- After 10 days have passed, place the oil or vinegar using a coffee filter into an air tight bottle. Try and look out for clear bottles as you can see the color infused into the oil or vinegar.
- Cap the bottle and store in the refrigerator.
- Store oil in fridge and vinegar in cupboard