Lucky in Love!
Ok, so lets say you are a terrible cook and you want to impress your date. You are probably thinking, can I really pull off a decent meal to impress my date? The answer to this question is YES! Yes you can, this is not an impossible task. I think anyone can surprise himself or herself by cooking a good home cooked meal. Maybe you are really worried and anxious about the whole thing. Well, why don’t you see if your date would collaborate with you to make it a more fun and casual dinner, this can always be a good option for you.
Here are a few great tips to help you on your way to a successful evening
- Check if your date has any allergies to anything. There would be nothing worse than slaving over a meal to have your date tell you that they are allergic to your main course ingredient. This will also show that you care when you ask them. More brownie points here!
- If you are on the fence whether to cook a 2 or 3 course meal, make it a 2-course meal and just have some cheese and crackers for your guest when they arrive.
- When you have decided on how many courses you will make, next thing is to write down everything that you will need to prepare and cook the dinner from ingredients to equipment needed to cook the food.
- Buy as much as you can the day before, anything that is not perishable on your ingredient list, buy it all the day before and keep all the ingredients together so they are at hand at all times. For produce, this can be bought on the day of the date but if you are really chapped for time you can buy produce the day before too. Produce is not going to turn in one day. Look through your recipe and see what can be prepped the day before so you have less to worry about on the day of the date.
- You begin to run behind schedule, if this happens to you, have your date help you with the meal when they arrive. This can range from them helping you with setting the tableware on the table to asking them to help you with some of the food preparation. You will be surprised, as many people will love this.
- Count to 10 and relax, if you are really organized and have done your homework everything will turn out right on the night.
Remember; if you fail to prepare you prepare to fail. And hey! If it does not turn out right on the night, so what, who cares? The most important thing is that you showed that you cared enough about your date to do something more interesting that taking them out to a restaurant, I mean anyone can do that, right?
Here are some simple recipes to help you with your date night. A simple soup that can be made the night before to start off followed by a great braised dish and finally a dessert that can also be prepared the night before.