Write a review
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 handfuls bag tortilla chips
- 8 eggs
- 60g shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped coriander, garnish
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a saucepan heat olive oil and sauté onion, jalapeño and garlic and oregano. Season with ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and water and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Place tortilla chips into individual bowls, top with the tomato sauce mixture and cheese, crack an egg or two on top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until egg is set. Garnish with coriander.
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/