Write a review
- 2 bottles of red wine (you don't have to buy expensive wine)
- 2 ounces of brandy
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- ¼ cup sugar
- Cut the lemons and oranges into slices, do not remove the peel.
- Place the wine in a large pan and slowly simmer. Do not boil!
- Add lemons, oranges, brandy, nutmeg and sugar. Let the mixture simmer for approximately 20 minutes, a low heat is even good.
- Add cinnamon sticks and simmer for a few minutes more, about 5.
- Serve warm in mugs or glasses with a cinnamon stick.
- Serve mulled wine in Jam jars for a rustic effect
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/