Panzanella “Bread” Salad
Panzanella (Bread) Salad
Nothing makes me happier than this simple salad. This salad is also perfect to accompany your summer BBQ. I also love to make this salad when you have to go over to a friends house. Just mix the lettuce with the tomato mixture before you serve. Perfect every time.
Write a review
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 french baguette, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 handfuls arugula
- 4 ounces goats cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine garlic, salt, tomaotes, onion and vinegar with 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil into a bowl and toss gentle until everything is well combined and coated. Set aside.
- 2. Toss remaining oil with bread in a bowl and toast in the oven 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 3. Place arugula on 4 plates equally, top with the tomato mixture, then toasted bread finally sprinkled with goats cheese. ENJOY!
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/