Prawn Po Boy
Being back and forth between Ireland and America sometimes I forget some of the great food I come across while living here in the states. I have offered some US favorites in the past but have also missed out on a lot. Today I’d like to share one of my favorite shrimp (prawn) recipes that I have come across in my travels. It is simple and quick, plus can be made all under 30 minutes.
- 180g cabbage, shredded, ½ head
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 450g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 tomato slices, halved
- 50g red onion, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine cabbage, mayo and yogurt in a medium bowl
- In another bowl, combine shrimp with 2 teaspoons of oil, chili, slat and pepper
- In a heavy skillet, bring 2 teaspoons to medium heat and sauté off shrimp.
- After shrimp is cooked, set aside on a plate.
- Toast bread on hot skillet pan.
- Add cabbage mix, tomatoes, red onion and shrimp to the center of the hot dog bun. Serve.