Write a review
- 1 large leek, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 teaspoons olive oil
- 130g all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 225g butter, diced
- 4 eggs, divided
- 100ml heavy cream
- 100ml sour cream
- Pinch pepper
- ½ lb ham, diced
- 250g grated Swiss cheese
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Sauté the leeks and onions in the olive oil for 30 minutes until caramelized. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch and one-fourth teaspoon salt.
- In a stand mixer combine, add butter with 1 egg and combine with the flour until a dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a 12-inch circle. Place the dough in a 9-inch pie plate, and press to remove any air bubbles. Crimp the edges with a fork, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the heavy cream and sour cream in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining three eggs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and combine to form a batter. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the quiche shell from the refrigerator and spread the leek and onion mixture evenly over the base. Sprinkle the ham and then the cheese over the leeks and onions. Pour in the batter and place the quiche in the oven.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/