Shaved Brussels sprouts salad with Parmesan and red onion
Who said Brussels sprouts could only to be eaten around Christmas. This vegetable is getting lots of popularity this year in the supermarkets due to its great health benefits. The thing I love most about this salad is that its gives great crunch all the way through and the sweetness of the honey in the dressing takes any bitterness away that the brussels sprout may have.
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 350g Brussels sprouts
- 100g finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice onions and set aside in a bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, mustard and olive oil until all ingredients are well combined and resemble a dressing.
- Using a serrated knife cut each Brussels sprout in half and thinly slice.
- Place thinly sliced Brussels sprouts in the bowl with the red onions, add dressing mix. Add Parmesan cheese and mix once more. Serve in a heap in the center of a plate. Enjoy.
- A protein such as a chicken breast would also go great with this salad to make it a dinner portion.