St Patricks Day KTLA Menu
Post this article and click Like on the Magic Bullet Fan Page to be in with a chance to win a Magic Bullet of your own!
Potato Leek and Broccoli soup
1 stick unsalted butter
2 lbs Leeks, thinly sliced
3 lbs large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 head broccoli, florets roughly chopped
5 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter and sauté leeks until soft. About 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broccoli and cook for further 3 minutes.
- Add in broth and bring to a low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add half and half after 15 minutes are past.
- Transfer soup to food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with croutons and sprinkle with some Irish cheddar cheese.
Guinness Braised Short ribs
4 lbs boneless or bone in short ribs, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, cut into .5 inch pieces
1 can Guinness
2 cups low sodium beef stock
- Preheat oven to 380 oF
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven
- Pan sear short ribs until nice and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side
- Remove meat from pan and set aside
- Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned, scrape any brown bits from bottom of pan using a wooden spoon.
- Add carrots and celery and let cook for further 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup of beef stock and scrape bottom of pan to remove any more browned bits.
- Add back in the meat followed by the remaining stock and can of Guinness
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bring stew to a simmer for 20 minutes, cover and place in oven and braise for 2 hours
Serve with a fresh green salad or on top of mashed potatoes
Colcannon Mashed Potatoes
1 lb russet potatoes, peeled
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup cream
1/2 head of cabbage, roughly shredded
3 scallions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
Salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes in water until a knife goes through easily. About 25-35 minutes.
- Drain and place potatoes into a mixer or use a hand mixer to whip them.
- Add Butter and cream and mix for another minute.
- Add Cabbage and scallions, mix until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper until desired flavor is achieved.
St Patrick’s Day Peanut Butter Chocolate Guinness Milkshake with the Magic Bullet
2 scoops of Vanilla Ice cream
1 large Peanut butter cup
½ cup crushed ice or small cubed
½ cup Guinness stout
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blitz for about 10 seconds
- Serve in chilled glass and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings