Sweet Potato Fries
Nothing better than eating a French fry that can be some what healthy and bursting with different flavors, the French fry or chip has moved on to different flavors, although I do love the plain chip with salt and vinegar, it is nice to have a change now and then.
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 65ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Garam Marsala powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- Preheat your oven to 200°F
- Peel potatoes and cut off the ends.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each piece into wedges.
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl and add the oil, toss.
- Sprinkle with salt, sugar and spices.
- Using your hands, get in there and mix well.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet, they will not stick as they are already oiled up.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, after mid way cooking, remove from oven and turn over and cook further for the last 15 minutes or until browned.