Roasted Lemon – Rosemary leg of Lamb
Roasted Lemon - Rosemary leg of Lamb
Write a review
- 1 leg of lamb, bone in
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 7-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 1-tablespoon salt
- 1-tablespoon coarse ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- With your hands, rub the lamb with lemon juice. Sprinkle with garlic, rosemary and thyme and press onto the lamb using your fingers to adhere to the meat.
- Season the meat with the salt and pepper, place in a roasting pan.
- Put the lamb in the oven for 25-30minutes to seal the meat.
- Reduce temperature to 180°C and continue to cook for a further 1 hour and 20 minutes for medium.
- Remove the lamb from the pan, cover with foil and let rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- 4 tablespoons mixed herbs, parsley and chives, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 400ml chicken stock
- 200ml red wine, such as a cabernet
- Place the pan on the stove top. Bring to a high heat and sauté the onions for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and wine to deglaze the pan using a wooden spoon.
- Reduce over a high heat until until the sauce coats the back of the spoon and has a nice semi thick consistency.
- Slice the lamb and serve with the sauce
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/