Write a review
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil, plus more for greasing
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Pack of 6 food colorings (available on amazon or any good grocery)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, sugar, soda, and salt in a bowl; make a well in the center and set aside.
- Whisk oil, buttermilk, egg, vinegar, and vanilla in a bowl;
- add to dry ingredients until it forms a smooth batter.
- Lightly grease a nonstick donut pan; spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each mold.
- Bake until golden about 12-14 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, and about a 1/4 cup water until smooth. Dip tops of donuts into glaze and return to wire rack, let glaze set.
- Divide remaining icing into 6 small bowls. add a drop of each color to a bowl and mix. Drizzle each color onto the doughnuts leaving 5-7 minute intervals so the colors do not run. Serve.
Chef Stuart O'Keeffe http://chefstuart.com/